We believe we can make the world a better place one child at a time! We have been entrusted with a great responsibility in caring for them. At Aa to Zz Child Care and Learning Center we strive to love and nurture the children while providing them with opportunities to enhance their cognitive, social, and emotional growth. Our objective is to encourage the growth of the whole child through developmentally appropriate, hands-on activities and experiences in a positive, safe, and nurturing environment.
Our goal is to enhance the total growth and development of children.
We do this by concentrating on:
- Promoting physical adeptness through running, climbing, balancing, and other large motor skills,
- Enhancing emotional development through expressiveness, self-sufficiency, self-worth, acceptance, and positive discipline,
- Enhancing social competence through consideration for others, cooperation, and relating to adults and peers, and
- Providing opportunities for cognitive learning, utilizing ideas, words, colors, numbers, and decision-making.
Our objectives are:
- To provide LOVE and ACCEPTANCE of children;
- To convey to each child that they are important enough to talk with, play with and learn with, and;
- To give them guidance, a balanced day, and to provide the necessary materials for a creative atmosphere.
HISTORY OF AA TO ZZ
Aa to Zz Child Care and Learning Center was founded on June 1, 2004 by owners Ashleigh & Ryan Zimmerman. The first center – located at 88 S. Hershey Rd. in Harrisburg – opened its doors in August 2004 with just two children enrolled, one being Ashleigh and Ryan’s oldest son. The center began on the main floor of the building and expanded in two phases to the second story of the building in July 2006 and February 2007.
On May 30, 2007, Aa to Zz grew overnight from one center to four by taking over three Early Explorers’ centers. These centers are located at 817 E. Arch St. in Palmyra, 391 Schaffner Dr. in Harrisburg, and 5120 Lancaster St. also in Harrisburg. Later that summer of 2007, in August, Aa to Zz opened the doors of its fifth center, located at 40 S. John St. in Hummelstown.
Then, in August 2011, Aa to Zz opened its sixth building by expanding its Hummelstown center. Aa to Zz opened its doors at 205 S. John St. in Hummelstown when it purchased an old Dauphin County library from the Borough of Hummelstown.
Next, in October 2013, Aa to Zz took over its seventh & eighth locations – this time in York County – when it purchased Day Care by Robin’s Nest, Inc. with two locations: 3350 Alta Vista Rd. in Dover and 2498 W. Philadelphia St. in West York.
Most recently, in March 2014, Aa to Zz grew to its ninth location – again in York County – when it purchased Children First Learning Center, Inc. located off the Queen St. exit of Interstate 83.